Monday, July 8, 2019

Wurzburger Hofbrau


A tradition of quality since 1643. Wurzburger Hofbrau Pure Bavarian Beer. When I was younger, before craft brewing showed me that there's more to beer than Budweiser, I was a big fan of pilsener beers. I still like them, but now that they aren't the only game in town I don't drink them often. Many taste the same, so I can't see shelling out the extra money for an imported pilsener that tastes a lot like Bud. 

Now, having said that, I'm not sure what Wurzburger Hofbrau tastes like as I drank this in the 90s, but I'm just guessing it's not too far from our own "King of Beers" after sitting in a bottle in a cargo hold getting shipped to the US. Now, if I were sampling it in a pub in the Bavarian Alps, I'm sure it would be delicious and worth a second, third, and fourth sampling!

No comments:

Post a Comment