Tuesday, May 15, 2018

REM Automatic for the People

I've owned 45's, Vinyl LP's and even 78s. I owned a LOT of cassette tapes and yes, I own a LOT of CD's. I scanned some of the little books that came with CDs and will share some of the better art from them over the next few weeks.

 I love the digital music that is all around us, I can stream music in my car or while I walk down a street- no vinyl or cd's required, but some of the stuff that came with the CD's and the vinyl I miss- I know that digital music still has album art, but it's not as tangible as the old booklets and album covers.

This is absolutely one of my favorite albums and REM always had such great art associated with them. At the time, grunge and harder rock was all the rage in music and REM pops out a largely acoustic and beautiful Automatic for the People. I wore this out I swear!





3 comments:

  1. I have "REM's Greatest Hits" on CD and some of those songs are on it, for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. man on the moon and nightswimming and everybody hurts. 3 great songs!

    ReplyDelete