Wednesday, July 11, 2018

Book Crossing


This is a bookmark from Bookcrossing.com

Here's a blurb from the Bookcrossing Website:

BookCrossing is the act of releasing your books "into the wild" for a stranger to find, or via "controlled release" to another BookCrossing member, and tracking where they go via journal entries from around the world. Our community of passionate, generous book-lovers is changing the world and touching lives, one traveling book at a time. We hope you join us!
Back in the early 2000's I was an avid reader. I mean 100 paperbacks a year avid. I read all styles but especially detective stuff and scifi. There was a used paperback book place that I loved near where I lived, and I went there as much as I could. You could trade in your books back to them, but if they were titles that you actually had purchased from them in the first place, you received so little store credit it was hardly worth it. Paperbacks started to pile up around my house.

Then I discovered BookCrossing. I left literally hundreds of books wherever I was. All around my local area, and wherever we went on vacation. In the front of each book I'd put a little Bookcrossing label, hoping someone would find the book, read it, enjoy it, and maybe note on the bookcrossing website that they had found it.

Eventually, I almost entirely stopped reading fiction, and now read mostly non-fiction on my computer, so I don't BookCross anymore, but I found this old bookmark from those days and thought I would share.

1 comment:

  1. hmmmmmmmmm, I could get into something like this! did not know this existed! thanks, dear!

    ReplyDelete