Thursday, July 19, 2018

Hofbrau House Coaster and some Digits

I have two coasters from the legendary Hofbräuhaus in Munich. Here is one in its entirety, and the other is just one side. They would be identical, except that a girl I met wrote her contact info on the coaster. (I've blurred it, hopefully well enough that you internet weirdos never find her). Of course, this was in 1988 or so, so I'm sure she's gone on to great things and no longer uses her parents house as her place of residence.

To be honest, when I found this coaster I had (and still have) no recollection of this girl. A few weeks after raging at the Hofbrau, however, I met the girl that is today my wife of 27 years, so maybe that's why I never followed up with the coaster girl. Either way, it's fun to haul this stuff out of mothballs and see it again for the first time in decades!




1 comment: