Monday, April 30, 2018

1988 Topps Mini Leaders #59 Lenny Dykstra

I haven't had a lot of time to get out and read all of the awesome blogs I follow for a week or so because I was scanning things like crazy. I started this blog with just a bunch of matchbooks and some old pictures I've been scanning, but last week I finally cleared the decks and got a lot done toward getting rid of those old pockets of junk that accumulate around the house!

So with that, look forward to some really weird scans and pictures in the days and weeks ahead! Totally random bits of ephemera- like this baseball card- it was one of a stack of them I found in a closet. I love to look at old sports stuff like this because it's such an interesting little time capsule.



Like this card- Lenny Dykstra. He hustled hustled hustled on the field and became a big time player and then disappeared, only to resurface as a member of the Howard Stern Whack Pack. This whole set of cards I found was interesting because it's kind of cool to see who we thought were "leaders" in 1988. Some went on to Hall of Fame careers, some went gently into that good night, and some became members of the Whack Pack!


4 comments:

  1. My favorite team. I remember Lenny Dykstra well. Great player.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay Mets! As a Red Sox fan I approve of your choice for New York teams :-)

      Delete
  2. His last name should have told you where Lenny was going to end up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. lenny played for the phillies too. he's now a drunk and has been arrested several times. he AIN'T a candidate for cooperstown, that's for damn sure!

    ReplyDelete