Saturday, April 21, 2018

My Cats' Version of Ice Fishing, 1988

Growing up we had a birdfeeder in the back yard and two very lazy cats. They had no interest in the birds except watching them from the window of the warm house. They DID however develop a love-hate thing with a squirrel who vexed my step-father by outsmarting his every effort to keep the squirrel from the feeder.

I always thought these two pictures were funny because here's my cat Rocky, waiting for the squirrel to poke his head up, (he never caught him) and of course, a picture of the squirrel popping his head up as soon as the cats were safely inside!



10 comments:

  1. That ain't no dumb squirrel!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My dogs love squirrels. They don't understand why the squirrels don't want to play with them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bet the squirrels ARE playing with the dog, but on a whole different level! "Let's drive the dog crazy!" is their game.

      Delete
  3. I love bird watching! I also have a pet squirrel, but mind you not indoors. I named him Bouvier. If I'm outside he always seems to sense it and comes running for what he knows will be some peanuts and walnuts. On occasion he will sit and eat them right next to me if sitting out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I knew you had peanuts and walnuts on you I would follow you around too. Cashews and I won't leave your side.

      Delete
  4. my cats are the same - stay inside the house and watch/chatter to the wildlife outside.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Squirrels are the devil incarnate when it comes to stealing from bird feeders.

    ReplyDelete